Jennifer is a manager at a growing software company. She’s been with the company for five years. Jennifer seems to do everything right – she’s on time every day, manages her budgets and her staff to expectations, and does her job as she’s asked. So why isn’t Jennifer growing in the company? Why don’t senior executives bring her into important conversations? Why hasn’t her department’s budget grown in three years?
There is a common belief among professionals that if you do what’s asked of you, don’t cause problems, and meet your goals, you will advance in your career. The reality in today’s global business environment is that personal branding gives professionals competitive advantage to drive career advancement, take advantage of career opportunities, and solicit additional resources when they need it.
You already have a personal brand: It’s your reputation, how others perceive you. It’s the value you bring to every meeting, each client encounter, and every presentation. It’s the way people feel when they interact with you. Is your personal brand working for or against you?
Perception directs how others view us and assign us value and opportunity. Personal branding uses specific tools to affect and direct that perception to your advantage in an authentic and sustainable way.
A Clear Personal Brand Helps You:
- Become a more confident leader
- Confidently enter the workforce for the first time
- Change jobs and careers using a strategy
- Attract more business leads
- Maintain current client relationships
- Live an authentic life with purpose
- Ensure your reputation is working in your favor by measuring effectiveness and impact in your career
To take control of your personal brand today, here are some helpful resources:
- A Month-by-Month Strategy to Reinvent Your Personal Brand
- Market Yourself to a Target Audience
- Podcast: Creating a Great Brand
- Reputation as a Critical Innovation Tool
- Personal Branding Tips and Tricks
- 4 Basics for Building (or Repairing) Your Personal Brand
- The ABCs of Personal Branding
- Reputation 360: Creating power through personal branding