Reputation is defined in the dictionary as: “the beliefs or opinions that are generally held about someone or something.”
When I say, that “reputation is your greatest asset. Drive it!” I really mean it.
You are in control of your reputation (acknowledge that), don’t allow circumstances and other people to determine it for you.
To take control of your reputation and drive it this new year, here is a strategic exercise for you:
1. Think of five keywords that reflect how you want people to see you
2. Think of how you want people to remember you and feel about you after you are gone
3. Formulate your thoughts in terms of feelings and emotions, rather than words that are tactical or have dollar amounts tied to them. Branding is about emotions and feelings!
Once you have them all written down, ask yourself:
1. Am I acting consistently with my values and how I want others to perceive me?
2. Do I show up authentically, or do I feel I’m playing a part in someone else’s story?
3. Do others recognize what I’m passionate about?
Based on your answers, think about what you can start doing today to move towards your desired reputation and break it down into steps or goals for this new year.